The ACM Global Computing Education Conference (CompEd) is destined to be the leading global conference on computing education. At the intersection of computing and the learning sciences, the event seeks to promote global computing education development. The first conference will take place in Chengdu, China, 17-19 May 2019. We encourage your participation in this emerging community and welcome you to share your innovative ideas for computing syllabi, laboratories, teaching, pedagogy, and education research on a global scale.
Submission types include paper sessions, panels, working groups, birds-of-a-feather, and posters.
You can find out more about CompEd here, and more about the ACM Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education (SIGCSE) here. We will be continuously updating a list of Frequently Asked Questions here.
Important Dates – deadlines are 11.59pm Anywhere on Earth (UTC-12)
Tuesday, 16 October 2018: Paper Abstracts (250 words maximum) due Tuesday, 23 October 2018: Full Papers, Panels, Working Groups due Tuesday, 4 December 2018: Notification to Authors of Papers, Panels, Working Groups
- Tuesday, 11 December 2018: BoFs and Posters due
- Monday, 7 January: Camera-ready Revised Papers due (see Information for Authors)
- Friday, 1 February 2019: Notification to Authors of BoFs and Posters
- Evening of Monday 13 – midday Thursday 16 May 2019: Working Groups convene
- Friday, 17-19 May 2019: CompEd 2019
- Friday 12 July 2019: Working Group reports due